Tuesday, April 19, 2016

THE BOOK OF LIFE - PART 18 THE YIZKOR EDITION

Well it’s time for more entries in The Book of Life and I thought I would be efficient with this post and lump a bunch of network shows into one Yizkor Service. You see we’re at that time of the year where the networks start emptying their shelves of stuff they ordered for all the wrong reasons. These shows sneak on the schedule and I believe network executives secretly hope that no one notices them so that they can get on with their lives. Several times over the past few weeks I have said to myself “What the fuck was that?” Then I remember “Oh yeah, I screened that last May”. Never a good sign for a show.

Once in a while one of these shows surprises us. I often try to throw things out in the garbage but the Masked Wife will look through the garbage on collection day and I discover that items are back in the house. Some TV shows are like that. I think “The Carmichael Show” was tossed out only to live another day. Believe it or not “Just Shoot Me” had a similar history. I don’t believe that any of these shows will experience a similar fate.

Yizkor is a memorial service for the dead so let’s buy the deli platters and pay a Shiva call to:

CROWDED
HEARTBEAT
THE CATCH
RUSH HOUR
GAME OF SILENCE

Some of these were big-ticket items but I think there will be some cutting of losses here.


On a more positive note, have to believe that CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS could well be at next year’s Kol Nidre service or, at the very least have a seat at next year’s Passover Seder. It’s the perfect show for the age of Trump and yet another example of increasing your chances for success by colonizing a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment