Saturday, March 7, 2020

TRYING TO GET EXCITED FOR ELIMINATION CHAMBER

I have to admit, I’ve been drifting away from the WWE. There’s just so much TV that I can watch and it is College Basketball time (Go Jayhawks) so I’ve started to miss watching full episodes of RAW and SMACKDOWN. Prefer the Wednesday shows (NXT and AEW) so those get priority. Also, I have not been a fan of the storytelling of late and there seems to be a repetition to the matches. When the WWE heads to Saudi Arabia I generally zone out.

Right now, we have two part-time champions and I honestly can’t keep track of who has the belts. They all seem to be meaningless. So, I look at this Elimination Chamber card and it’s kind of meh. It’s sort of a rest stop on the way to WrestleMania and if I had something better to do tomorrow afternoon I would pass on it. I don’t.

Here are my predictions and Holy Shit (πŸ’©) projections for the card

WOMEN’S ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH TO FACE THE MAN AT WRESTLEMANIA
You don’t bring Shayna Baszler to the main roster, have her munch into Becky’s neck and bury her unless this is about the reformation of the Riott Squad, Asuka wins and Shayna enters into a program with RS to build up her cred but nah. I’m going with Shayna in a πŸ’©πŸ’©1/2 match.

STROWMAN V. A BUNCH OF GUYS
If you’re going to put the belt on a monster among men without having viable opponents and you have to resort to this shit you got a problem. Braun in a πŸ’© squash.

SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM ELIMINATION CHAMBER
You just put the belts on Miz and Morrison so they will keep it and the question is which team stands out and takes them on at WrestleMania and I will go with the Usos. This should be a so so πŸ’©1/2 match and you know Kofi will do something fun.

STREET PROPHETS V. SETH AND MURPH
Like the SMACKDOWN tag team champs I don’t know how you take the belts off of the Prophets. I really like these guys and give them a long run with the belts. Montez Ford is a superstar waiting to happen and his wife is not chopped liver either. This should be a solid πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©1/2 match The Prophets retain and AOP is on the horizon.

ALEISTER V. AJ
If they let them go and don’t fuck this up with The OC interfering this could be a match of the year candidate. Feels like they are setting Black up for big things and AJ can absorb the loss at this stage of his career. He’s Teflon so, assuming no shenanigans, I’m picking Aleister in a
πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©1/2 match of the night.

ANDRADE V. DIMPLES
I guess if they need a title change it will be here. I’m assuming Rey and Angel Garza get involved and maybe there’s a Zelina turn here. These are four solid wrestlers. I just feel they’ve been separated from the pack a bit. Andrade retains in a πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©1/2 match

DB V. DREW GULIAK
I really respect Daniel Bryan and I gather that he has asked to wrestle Guliak and I think another one or two dudes. He has a plan. This should be a solid exhibition of wrestling and I have a feeling Guliak gets the win in furtherance of some master plan. Going πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’© on this one.

Well that’s the card as it is right now but I’m sure they will add a match or two. I hope this card gets me back but….




No comments:

Post a Comment