Wednesday, December 9, 2015

THE 2015 MASKED TEN

Time to share with you my ten favorite shows of 2015. According to a small handful of people who write about the business there's too much TV. That's total bullshit. There's as much TV as is needed to feed the myriad platforms that demand content. This will all shake out at some point and, sadly, several of the shows that fill most year end lists (including this one) may disappear in the not too distant future. So enjoy your favorite shows while you can and share them with your friends. Here are my faves (sort of in the order of faving) along with six runners up:

THE AMERICANS - FX
JUSTIFIED - FX
SILICON VALLEY - HBO
THE KNICK - CINEMAX
RECTIFY - SUNDANCE TV
FARGO - FX
JANE THE VIRGIN - THE CW
HOMELAND - SHOWTIME
MR. ROBOT - USA
THE RETURNED - SUNDANCE TV

The next six

SOUTH PARK - COMEDY CENTRAL
BILLY ON THE STREET - TRUTV
NXT - WWE NETWORK
EMPIRE - FOX
DEUTSCHLAND 83 - SUNDANCE TV
CATASTROPHE - AMAZON

So there they are. I prefer drama to comedy, I like a lot of shows on FX and SUNDANCE TV and only have two broadcast shows among the sixteen. I'm sure TRANSPARENT would have been on this list had I waited and had the time to watch all the episodes so I will reserve a space for it on next year's list assuming it doesn't disappoint....it won't. I wasn't trying to be a jerk by including NXT among the runners up and maybe I will write a blog entry as to why I never miss an episode.

I am not saying that these were the best shows of 2015 nor am I advocating that you watch any of them. Don't be angry if your favorite is not here....it's your favorite. There's a lot of great television out there. Don't complain about it or bemoan it, CELEBRATE IT!!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment