Friday, August 20, 2021

It's SUMMERSLAM SUMMERSLAM SUM SUM SUMMERSLAM SUMMERSLAM SUMMERSLAM SUM SUM SUMMERSLAM SUMMERSLAM SUMMERSLAM SUM SUM SUMMERSLAM SUMMER SL

 I didn't watch RAW on Monday night. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch a go home show on either of the brands. I knew what would happen on the show because every week of RAW, every week,, is just a repeat of the week before. Every fucking week. 

Smackdown at least has Roman, the Usos and the great Paul Heyman to entertain us and, of course Bianca Belair but even there things feel a bit stale and then you get Baron Corbin infecting the show.

In the good old days, like a year ago, at least you had an NXT Takeover to show how great wrestling can can but Vince may have figured out that running it the night before the big PPV was a mistake on several levels. Now it's an afterthought.

On top of all this the two men's championships feature dudes who will not be around for long and, in the case of one of them, can last about five minutes at best. Three minutes of posing and two minutes of wrestling. They would be transitional champions. I'm tired of this approach to booking.

Finally, watching all these people in Vegas just tells us that the pandemic is far from over and that this is a super spreader event. Sad.

I'll watch RAW on Monday to see what the new stories are and then probably skip the repeats. Smackdown, we'll wait to see what happens Saturday.

OK here are predictions and, of course, holy shit (💩trademark pending) assumptions.

As alway I assume a clean finish to every match but this is the WWE 


AJ/Big Guy v. RK-Bro

AJ has done what was asked of him and it's time to get get back to being a great singles wrestler. He probably has one or two good runs left. I don't know what you do with Omos maybe Commander Azeez or Drew but time to move on and Randy/Riddle can take on some new opponents and maybe have some fun. The titles change hands in a 💩1/2 match.


ALEXA V. EVA W/DOUDROP

I could give less of a shit about this excuse for a match. I assume Ms. Bliss turns the Douster into her acolyte and for the first time ever I am giving a match  -💩💩That's right a minus two holy shit.

DREW V. JINDER

I feel bad for Drew who stoically carried the company during the fan free pandemic and now finds himself buried on the undercard. I'm hoping they build him back up so I give him the win in a 💩match.

SHEAMUS V. PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ

Priest is everything Vince is looking for in a champ and Shaemus is Shaemus with or without a title so I'm assuming a 💩💩 title change.

OLD MAN EDGE V. SETH

The first of the three alta kaker matches on the car. I have to believe that Seth is being prepped for a title run (regardless of who wins the belt) and a win over Edge would go a long way to catapulting him there. This one could be pretty solid so Seth in a 💩💩💩1/2 (out of 5) match and Edge goes away for a while until his next pop.

BIANCA/SASHA 2

They are not....not taking the belt off of Bianca. She is money, she is strong and far less injury prone than Ms. Banks. She is the future. They tore down the house once and they will do it again with the difference being Bianca has to fight off Sasha's quickly put together posse'. Bianca retains in a 💩💩💩💩1/2 match.

USOS V. REY AND DOM

OK who wins this will give you some insight into the Roman/Cena match since the stories are intertwined. Not a fan of the Mysterios. They are sort of the inverse of AJ/Omos so I'm rooting for the Usos to retain. It will be a solid 💩💩💩 match. Maybe Dominik turns on his dad. That would be fun....or Rey turns on Dominick even funner.

NIKKI CROSS V. THE QUEEN V. RHEA

This is a terrible storyline. Nikki Cross is actually a decent wrestler. She and Asuka put on a show in NXT but they have reduced her to a joke, first with Alexa and now this bullshit. Who knows what's going on with Charlotte as she keeps transforming herself and her dad and boyfriend are over at the rival promotion. I think Vince has given up on Rhea. She's a bit one note and it's never clear if she is a face or a heel. I think Nikki retains and I'm giving this 💩💩holy shits.

BOBBY V. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBERG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBERG

Two things: One of the two titles will change hands. Second, Lesnar will show up. Sadly, as I said before whichever belt changes we will have a transitional champion. I'm going to say Lashley retains. They keep building him up as a beast and he's got the mouthpiece in MVP. If I were the booker I would keep the belt on Bobby and have Lesnar appear but not with Heyman but SABLE!!!!!!!! as his "advocate" So Bobby retains in a quick 💩match.

HEAD OF THE TABLE V. CENA

This will be brutal and in the end Cena will take the belt off of Roman and lose it to him in the rematch at the next PPV or Survivor Series in November. I fucking hate this but I think this could set up all sorts of situations. The Usos could cost Roman the belt. If Lesnar doesn't face Lashley does he show up here and Heyman switches allegiances. Is this a start up for a Roman/Rollins program with the winner facing Cena in November. I'm assuming this closes the show. If it's Lashley/Goldberg (doubtful) there are other possibilities. So Roman drops the belt (you don't say one---two---three over and over again for nothing) and this will be the only 💩💩💩💩💩 of the night.

That's where I come out. Hopefully they fix their booking issues



2 comments:

  1. Your perspective on WWE is always interesting but have you started following AEW and would you consider doing PPV preview posts about them as well? It feels like something truly special is coming together over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about it. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete